Your Eyes Are Our Focus
Since 1991, Dr. Branning and her team at West Shore Eye Care have been focused on one thing: providing comprehensive eye care and amazing experiences for everyone who walks through our doors.
We understand just how important it is for you and your family to get the help you all need, so we take the time to understand your concerns and address them with modern techniques and strategies.
Whether you’re looking for relief from irritating dry eye discomfort or your child is starting to develop signs of myopia, we’re proud to be the team you turn to for help.
Meet our team, or get a closer look at how we do things when you book an appointment with us today.Book Appointment
West Shore Eye Care offers our patient forms online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.
Download the necessary forms, print them out, and fill in the required information. Text us your printed and completed forms or bring them with you to your appointment.
I was having issues seeing clearly. My eyes were itchy and sometimes crusty and bloodshot. I was seen by Branning and diagnosed with dry eyes. I was able to get Lip A Flo treatments, followed by OptiLight treatments. The difference was noticed immediately. Clear vision, not itchy and crusty, and the whites of my eyes are a brighter white. I am so thankful for the improvements I have experienced and the follow-up appointments. Thank you so much for my clear vision and the high-tech equipment and knowledge of all staff.
Dr. Branning changed my life. Before seeing her, I spent 18 months feeling miserable with dry, red, burning eyes. I couldn’t go outside in the spring or summer because my eyes were so sensitive. I felt scared too. I had seen many ophthalmologists. No one understood why I was miserable and unresponsive to medications.
When I saw Dr. Branning, she told me why and what was wrong with my eyes. She performed a comprehensive diagnostic workup. She went so far as to imagine my meibomian glands and measure ocular inflammation!
Dr. Branning offered me a range of treatment options, including regenerative therapies like IPL. My eyes have greatly improved because of Dr. Branning. And I have great peace of mind knowing she is guiding my care. She is a brilliant educator, excellent at what she does, and cares about her patients. I drove over 4 hours to see her. It is worth every minute and cent of gas money!
I have been dealing with a severe dry eye condition for more than 20 years. During that time, I have undergone three eye surgeries and been seen by seven eye doctors for treatments. My eyes are usually red, swollen, burning, and blurry, with acuity ranging from 20/20 to 20/200. I would use 1-2 bottles of serum eye drops per day as well as other medications.
I was referred to Dr. Branning for Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment. At my first visit, Dr. Branning said that I had one of the worst cases of dry eyes that she had seen in more than 30 years. At that stage, they were too bad to start the treatment. In the two months before I could receive the IPL treatment, she was able to get my eyes to improve significantly. After receiving my first two IPL treatments, I have no red eyes, no swelling, no burning, and clear vision. Now I only use one bottle of serum eye drops every 3-4 days and only at night. What an improvement! Dr. Branning has been a “miracle worker” for me!
I recently completed IPL treatment for dry eye with Dr. Branning and Dr. Goodwin. I am SOOOOOO happy with my results!! I hesitated at first to schedule as I didn’t think my symptoms were “that bad”, but boy was I wrong! I noticed results after the first treatment! I now understand why people come from all over Michigan for this state-of-the-art treatment! Their knowledge and expertise were over the top! As a side note, this also improved my complexion! My skin tone looks amazing, and I’ve even lost some “age spots”! Thank you, Drs. Branning and Goodwin!
Meet Dr. Jennifer L. Branning, OD, MBA
Dr. Branning moved to Ludington in August 1985 to join the Kenneth Tewel, Jr., MD ophthalmology practice. In 1991, Dr. Branning opened West Shore Eye Care and created a more traditional optometric office. In June 2004, West Shore Eye Care relocated to its new modern facility that includes high-tech equipment to detect eye disease, the latest patient education tools, and a specialty sunglasses shop.
Dr. Branning is committed to service and personalized care that many patients may find lacking in today’s medical offices. She strives to provide a high level of individualized attention by giving each patient as much one-on-one time as needed to ensure that every concern and question is answered. She has a special interest in medical eye care, pediatrics, specialty contact lenses, and dry eye treatment.
Dr. Branning lives in Ludington with her husband. She has 2 grown children and 4 grandchildren that she absolutely adores! She admits to being a “foodie,” and enjoys traveling, knitting and sewing, sports, the lake, and entertaining friends.
- BA in Biology/Chemistry, Indiana University 1981
- Doctor of Optometry, Indiana University School of Optometry 1985
- MBA in Healthcare, University of Sioux Falls 2021
- The Fort Wayne VA Hospital, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Omni Eye Services Medical Referral Center, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Indianapolis Eye Care Center, Indianapolis, Indiana
Continuing Education & Community Involvement
- Management and Business Academy, Southern Educational Congress, Service the Disney Way
- American Optometric Association, Lifetime Member
- Michigan Optometric Association, Lifetime Member
- American Board of Optometry, Diplomate Status earned in 2014. A distinction achieved by only 8% of optometrists in the country. To attain this honor, Dr. Branning completed a series of rigorous post-graduate activities, documented extensive continuing education, participated in review classes, and completed a 7-hour computer-based examination. She has committed to ongoing education, evaluation of patient outcomes, and testing to maintain her status as a diplomate.
- American Board of Optometry, State of Michigan Ambassador
- Grassroots Optometry, State of Michigan District Team Leader
- Michigan Optometric Association Children’s Vision Committee, Member
- Tear Film and Ocular Surface Society, Member
- The Ocular Surface Society of Optometry, Member
- Executive Board Member, West Michigan Community Mental Health System Board
- Dr. Branning is the past president of the Great Start Collaborative executive board, a state program committed to providing services to children from birth to age five.
- InfantSee Provider
- Sandcastles Children’s Museum Exhibit Sponsor
- Adam Rader Color Run Platinum Sponsor
- Dr. Jennifer L. Branning Scholarship for Ludington High School seniors
Meet Dr. Holly B. Goodwin, OD
Dr. Goodwin is passionate about providing excellent care to her patients. She believes patients should leave the clinic understanding their treatments and having all their questions answered! She is a primary care optometrist treating all your ocular disease concerns. Dr. Goodwin has a special interest in dry eye disease, specialty contact lenses, and myopia management.
Dr. Goodwin grew up in the friendly rural town of Jackson, Tennessee, where people say hello and still hold doors for each other, much like Ludington! She and her husband, Benjamin (along with their Australian Shepherd named Bear and two cats, Frodo and Mittens), just moved to the area in July of 2022. She enjoys hiking with her dog, cooking for friends and family, reading a good book, and traveling. Dr. Goodwin is enthusiastic about becoming a part of the community and looks forward to finding creative ways to solve long-term problems to give patients relief, and helping them find that perfect pair of glasses to change how they see the world.
- BA in Biology with honors, minor in in French and Chemistry, Eckerd College, 2018
- Doctor of Optometry with honors, Indiana University School of Optometry, 2022
- Camp LeJeune Naval Hospital with an emphasis on emergency eye care and eye infections
- The Eye Institute of Utah, learning specialty management of surgical post-operative care, glaucoma, and dry eye disease
- Gundersen Health System, co-management of diabetic eye care
- Atwater Eye Care Center with rotations emphasizing pediatric care, myopia management, and specialty contact lenses
Optometric Technician/Marketing Coordinator
Optometric Technician/Front Desk
SuperTech, Ocular Hygienist
Optometric Technician, Ocular Hygienist
Customer Service Specialist
Why Choose Us?
Dry Eye Center
Relieve your eyes from irritation, wateriness, and discomfort today.
Preserve your child’s sight against one of the most common vision errors in the world.
Our technological approach helps us see more of your eyes and their needs.
Comprehensive Eye Exams
There’s more to eye care than meets the eye. Learn more about your sight today.
Book Your Appointment
- 409 West Ludington Avenue
- Ludington, MI 49431
- Phone: 231-555-1234
- Fax: 231-843-7631
- Text: 231-843-4117
- Email: [email protected]
Hours Of Operation
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:15 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed